pro clima Certified Passive House Designer Scholarship
Proudly brought to you by pro clima in association with Australian Passive House education providers
Architects, building designers, consultants, and engineers welcome!
We are pleased to offer the Australia construction industry
pro clima Certified Passive House Designer Scholarship 2021
for the Certified Passive House Designer course.
Learn how to plan and design a Passive House building!
Become a competent Passive House planner and designer by learning everything from how to define the thermal envelope to how to overcome frequent planning and construction challenges. This course will take you into the details of Passive House buildings to ensure that the desired energy savings are actually achieved and that the building will perform as planned!
There are three approved Australian Passive House education providers who deliver this course and we encourage you to explore them all and select the one that works for you.
Not an architect or a building designer?
If you are an architect or a building designer, with this qualification, you get to be called a 'Certified Passive House Designer'.
If you are anything else, you get to be called a 'Certified Passive House Consultant’.
A single round of pro clima Passive House Scholarships is available for the year.
Pro Clima Australia Pty Ltd will provide full subsidy for the Certified Passive House Designer course, and the externally assessed exam, after the scholarship recipient has confirmed enrolment in a 2021 Certified Passive House Designer course with one of the three approved Australian Passive House education providers.
March 10th: Submissions Open
April 23rd: Submissions Close
May 4th: Scholarship Recipient Announced
To be eligible for a pro clima Certified Passive House Designer Scholarship, an applicant must be:
1. Physically located in Australia,
2. Legally entitled to work in Australia and
3. Intending to enroll in a Certified Passive House Designer course with one of the three approved Australian Passive House education providers during the 2021 calendar year.
To submit your application, consider and answer the two questions below comprehensively.
At least one part of your answer must be a short video.
Subsequently complete the online form, located below the terms and conditions, with your answer attached.
The successful scholarship recipient will be notified by email.
All applications are to be submitted online.
Part 1: Airtightness is a good thing.
Provide an example of how you might explain the benefits of airtight construction to someone who is sceptical.
Be creative with your delivery.
You are welcome to use images, diagrams, writing or video for your submission.
The more creative, the better!
Part 2: Why is Passive House relevant to Australia?
Create a short video (no more than 2.5 minutes) to explain why Passive House is relevant to Australia.
Speak into your phone or get more creative with your video superpowers.
Maybe get your friends or colleagues to help make the video too.
The answer must be your own but the video creation can be a collaboration!
You may like to address some of the following:
♦ Cost of building
♦ Why airtightness is good
♦ 'Indoor-outdoor flow'
Your full name must be included in the video file name (and any other file(s) you submit) | Max file size up to 300 MB
For video(s): MPEG4 or H264 format | Max file size up to 300 MB | Preferred resolution = standard HD 720p; Max resolution = full HD 1080p | No zip files accepted
- All work must be your own. If you use examples from a real project, please ensure you have permission to use any photos, images or other material. Any use of plagiarised or material copied or used without permission may disqualify your application.
- The successful scholarship recipient must enroll in a Certified Passive House Designer course with one of the three approved Australian Passive House education providers during the 2021 calendar year.
- The successful scholarship recipient must pay for their enrolment with one of the three approved Australian Passive House education providers and subsequently submit an invoice to Pro Clima Australia Pty Ltd for these costs. Pro Clima Australia Pty Ltd will then provide a full subsidy directly to the scholarship recipient.
- All scholarships are for funding only and Pro Clima Australia Pty Ltd does not take responsibility for enrolment.
- By submitting an application for the pro clima Certified Passive House Designer Scholarship, you agree that Pro Clima Australia Pty Ltd has permission to share any material that forms part of your application, including but not limited to, images, text, photos and video. Any such material may be used in the future by Pro Clima Australia Pty Ltd for marketing purposes on websites, social media, printed material and other locations as deemed appropriate by Pro Clima Australia Pty Ltd.
- Please note that any scholarship is awarded on a case by case basis, not guaranteed, and is at the sole discretion of Pro Clima Australia Pty Ltd.