pro clima Certified Passive House Tradesperson Scholarship
Proudly brought to you by pro clima in association with Australian Passive House education providers
Builders, roofers... all tradespeople welcome!
We are pleased to have awarded the
pro clima Certified Passive House Tradesperson Scholarship 2021
Congratulations to all our 2021 pro clima Scholarship Recipients!
We were blown away by the high caliber of submissions; wish we could have awarded a scholarship to each of you.
Thank you to everyone who applied.
If you have missed out this time, please come back in 2022.
Stay informed by signing up to the pro clima Newsletter.
Learn how to build a Passive House building!
Specifically aimed at tradespeople, you will gain a good understanding of the interactions and interdependency of building components in a Passive House project.
This course also enables you to assess the energy efficiency of any planning modifications and to solve problems with the designers involved in construction due to a similar knowledge base.
There are three approved Australian Passive House education providers who deliver this course and we encourage you to explore them all and select the one that works for you.
A single round of pro clima Passive House Scholarships is available for the year.
Pro Clima Australia Pty Ltd will provide full subsidy for the Certified Passive House Tradesperson course, and the externally assessed exam, after the scholarship recipient has confirmed enrolment in a 2021 Certified Passive House Tradesperson course with one of the three approved Australian Passive House education providers.
March 10th: Submissions Open
April 23rd: Submissions Close
May 4th: Scholarship Recipient Announced
To be eligible for a pro clima Certified Passive House Tradesperson Scholarship, an applicant must be:
1. Physically located in Australia,
2. Legally entitled to work in Australia and
3. Intending to enroll in a Certified Passive House Tradesperson course with one of the three approved Australian Passive House education providers during the 2021 calendar year.
To submit your application, consider and answer the question below comprehensively in a short video.
Subsequently complete the online form, located below the terms and conditions, with your answer attached.
The successful scholarship recipient will be notified by email.
All applications are to be submitted online.
The systems approach to Passive House design includes 5 main principles.
What are they?
Create a short video (no longer than 2.5 minutes).
Speak into your phone or get more creative with your video superpowers.
Maybe get your friends or colleagues to help make the video too.
The answer must be your own but the video creation can be a collaboration!
Explain how a tradesperson can contribute to a successful outcome on a Passive House project. Your submission should address the following:
♦ Identifying the airtightness layer on the building plan
♦ Where the building enclosure is most likely to leak air and what to do about it
♦ Passive House airtightness targets
♦ Construction sequencing for airtightness
♦ Managing trades on site
Short video specifications:
Your full name must be included in the video file name
MPEG4 or H264 format | Max file size up to 300 MB | Preferred resolution = standard HD 720p; Max resolution = full HD 1080p | No zip files accepted
- All work must be your own. If you use examples from a real project, please ensure you have permission to use any photos, images or other material. Any use of plagiarised or material copied or used without permission may disqualify your application.
- The successful scholarship recipient must enroll in a Certified Passive House Tradesperson course with one of the three approved Australian Passive House education providers during the 2021 calendar year.
- The successful scholarship recipient must pay for their enrolment with one of the three approved Australian Passive House education providers and subsequently submit an invoice to Pro Clima Australia Pty Ltd for these costs. Pro Clima Australia Pty Ltd will then provide a full subsidy directly to the scholarship recipient.
- All scholarships are for funding only and Pro Clima Australia Pty Ltd does not take responsibility for enrolment.
- By submitting an application for the pro clima Certified Passive House Tradesperson Scholarship, you agree that Pro Clima Australia Pty Ltd has permission to share any material that forms part of your application, including but not limited to, images, text, photos and video. Any such material may be used in the future by Pro Clima Australia Pty Ltd for marketing purposes on websites, social media, printed material and other locations as deemed appropriate by Pro Clima Australia Pty Ltd.
- Please note that any scholarship is awarded on a case by case basis, not guaranteed, and is at the sole discretion of Pro Clima Australia Pty Ltd.